This recipe is amazing! 3 ingredients and you have cookies ready for a playdate in 30 minutes flat. I timed. I whipped these up and no one believes it only has 3 ingredients. Seriously. Jo Cooks, can cook.
- 315 g unsalted butter – softened
- 140 g confectionery sugar
- 350 g plain flour
- Preheat your fan assisted oven to 165C
- Put the butter in the mixing bowl of your mixer and cream until light and fluffy
- add the confectionery sugar and mix until well combined
- add the flour and mix very well
- transfer your cookie dough into your cookie press into your desired shape onto a baking tray ( not greased). Bake for 6 minutes ( cooked but not brown)
- Alternatively if you do not have a cookie press I advise rolling into 3 logs, wrapping in cling film and allow to rest for 30 minutes in the fridge, then cut into <1cm thick cookies, place the cookies on a parchment lined baking tray and put in the over for 10-12 minutes.
- Once slightly cooled on the baking tray, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled transfer to an air tight cookie jar
- Bring to a play date, coy smile in place and feel fabulous, hunny – you are dresses in clothers AND your kids are dressed AND you have fabulous lipstick on AND you made yummy cookies. Well done mommy!